- August 2000 – December 2006 :- Physics labs Teaching Assistant (Contact: Jim Giammanco) and Astronomy labs TA (Contact: Amy Campbell), TA for the Astronomy labs for Astronomy majors (Contact: Rob Hynes).
- August 2007 – May 2011 :- Temporary Assistant Professor of Physics, Truman State University .
- June 2011 – August 2011 :- Instructor of Astronomy & Physics, Louisiana State University .
- August 2011 – Present :- Assistant Professor of Physics, Truman State University .
Previous Research work
Previous to coming over to LSU, i’ve worked at the Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Trombay on Gamma Ray Astronomy. Also, after visting the Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore for a summer school, i’ve worked on Inter Galactic matter.
Other Research interests
Apart from Accretion disks and related topics, i am also interested in biological evolution and genetics. Ideally, i would like to learn more about planet formation and origin and evolution of life on planet Earth. Lately, i have also picked up interest in Astrobiology.(Earlier, i had this statement on here: “Whether or not that has any significance to life elsewhere, is not of interest to me personally.” After reading more about planet formation, evolution and biology, i realised that the two subjects are not mutually exclusive.)
Research related Links
- Preprint server : pdf and ps versions of latest astrophysics and physics journal papers.
- Scanned Astrophysics journals : Incredible resource of online astrophysical journals.
- Federation of American Scientists : Useful documents and info on WMD’s and the like…
- IDL Astronomy library : IDL program utilities for doing astronomy.
- Personal Home page
- Winter ’06 – ’07
- Summer ’05
- Fall break ’04
- Spring Break ’04
- The Moon.
- Lunar Eclipse, 27th Oct. 2004.
- Edwards Rally, Aug. 2004.
- Summer ’02
- Books i’ve read.
Telephone: (660) 785- 4411
Dept of Physics
Kirksville, Mo – 63501